Fabric for the Bumper
Jennifer and IOn Friday I spent some at home time with Katie. (We would have gone somewhere, but I left my car keys in Jennifer’s car. OOPS!) After, Katie left for her softball tournament I packed up my stuff and headed to stay the night at Jennifer’s house. We went to her parent’s house for some great fajitas and to hang out with her family.
I heard a commercial on Friday that led me to a great deal on Saturday. USA Baby in Austin was having a huge sale. Cribs could be up to 70% off! Store doors opened at 8:00. Kevin convinced Jennifer and me that we needed to be there right as the store doors opened. (He didn’t want to fight off any pregnant women for a good deal!) Jennifer and I were very skeptical about getting up so early on a Saturday morning…but we are very glad we did!
We got there before the doors opened and there was already a line to get into the store! When we entered the store Jennifer and I were very distracted by the pretty things and went to the right. Before we knew it Kevin was nowhere to be seen. And then Jennifer’s phone rang. Kevin was calling from the Clearance room standing next to a crib that was only $150.00! We left our pretty things and went to see what deal Kevin had found for us. There were already other preggos circling Kevin and the great crib just waiting for him to leave! Luckily Kevin did not have to fight off any preggo women for the crib. We had already staked our claim! The crib was ours. We weren’t quite sure who would take the crib, but we were sure that one of us was taking that crib home! Jennifer and Kevin decided that I could have the crib. It was exactly what I was looking for! I was so excited. We paid for the crib and off we went to our next adventure…and it was only 9:00 in the morning!
We went to Barton Creek Mall after the great crib find in hopes for our next great deal. I had seen another commercial from Old Navy that said that all women’s tank tops would be on sale for $2.00! (See Matt it does pay to watch and listen to commercials!) Did you know the mall doesn’t open until 10:00? We didn’t, but we walked around and found a couple of stores that were opened. And of course we got our $2.00 tank tops!
After our exciting morning adventures, Jennifer and I went to borrow her parents van to pick up the crib. We got it loaded and just hoped it would fit into my car for the trip back to Katy. Luckily Kevin got it to fit! I was thrilled! And back to Katy I went with all of my new purchases!
Kevin loading the crib and me standing next to the crib.
When I got to Katy Matt and I met for dinner at Los Cucos in Katy. (I think he just wanted to rest. He knew I was going to make him put the crib together right when I got home!) After dinner, Matt unloaded to crib and got to work! I love the crib and can’t wait to get everything else ready for “O”.
Finished Crib! (without the mattress)
What a great trip to Austin! I had a great time with my parents, sister, The Millers, and The Minchews!
(And Jennifer and I promise to take a preggo picture together soon!)


So exciting! I can't wait for Eli to meet Owen. :)
ReplyDelete